GEODE – the European association representing local energy companies is recruiting an Intern to work the association’s Brussels office for a period of 6-9 months, starting as early as possible.
You will be part of a dynamic international team at the heart of the EU area and will be integrated to the daily activities of our representation office.
Your role will be to support GEODE’s various activities related to technical issues.
· Support the Secretariat in GEODE’s activities related to the European energy sector – mainly electricity and gas distribution. Topics are smart metering, data management, flexibility, storage, network operation.
- Support the drafting of position paper and further GEODE publications, in particular for the above mentioned topics.
· Deliver input to public consultations and further drafting processes of GEODE’s input to the European decision-making process
- Advice and inform GEODE members on energy related issues
- Support organizing and preparing events and meetings
- Understanding of power systems across Europe
- Knowledge and interest in energy policy and technical aspects
- Excellent English (native speaker level preferred), other European languages are an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organisational skills, flexibility, responsibility
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- A monthly reimbursement for expenses on a standard basis is planned.
If you think that you might be a good fit for this position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV (maximum 2 pages). Applications should be sent to email@example.com, quoting “Application Intern GEODE” in the subject line.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about GEODE, please visit www.geode-eu.org
GEODE is the Voice of local energy distributors across Europe, representing the interests of 1200 private and public energy companies for both electricity and gas from 15 European countries, serving more than 100 million customers. These small and medium-sized companies are bringing intelligence to the grids and making thereby a major contribution to achieve Europe’s climate and energy policy goals. GEODE members operate their grids providing a customer-focused service, with a high quality of supply and energy efficiency to homes, businesses and local communities.