GEODE – the European association representing local energy companies is hiring a motivated and well experienced Administrative Officer to work with us in the Brussels office starting from May/June 2017.
You will be part of a dynamic international team in the heart of the European quarter and be responsible for activities related to administration and organization of the association and its energetic team. Your role will be to take over administrative duties and various office procedures. It will be your responsibility to create and maintain a smooth and organized work environment ensuring a high level of internal and external communication with decision-makers, stakeholders and our members.
The responsibilities of the GEODE Administrative Officer will include scheduling meetings and events for Board and Working Groups, organizing our annual Spring and Autumn Seminar, workshops and other events booking venues and hotel rooms for our members and providing general administrative support to our staff. Previous experience as an office manager or office assistant ideally in the energy or environmental sector would of course be an great asset but not a condition. The candidate should be at ease with office software (emails, excel sheets and power point presentations, newsletter and info sheet tools, databases etc). One of the most important tasks will be to make sure that the association’s accounting is done in an accurate and thorough manner, in cooperation with the external service provider.
We are looking for a positive and motivated person who likes to socialise and feels comfortable in networking in and around the Brussels professional environment. As you can see from the list below - your responsibilities are diverse and challenging: Manage the monthly agenda and arrange meetings and appointments for the GEODE Secretary General and our staff.
- Making all necessary arrangements for GEODE’s Board and Working Group meetings & further events such as seminars and workshops
- Preparing, proofreading and sending out newsletters and internal as well as external mailings
- Monitor and update all mailing lists used in our office communication
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Coordinate with IT department to keep all office equipment up and running
- Accounting: being in charge of the association’s accounting procedures & managing the IT software used in this matter in cooperation with external accountant who will provide all indications. This includes issuing annual invoices and payments in due time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors & service providers
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and software arrangements)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including catering services
- At least 3 years of experience as office manager or similar role
- Experience in accounting
- Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Proficiency in MS Office – in particular Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Familiarity with email scheduling tools such as Doodle and Google Calendar
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- High degree of flexibility
- Attention to detail, accuracy and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Any other European language is an asset
- Strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment
- A creative and proactive mindset with an ability to suggest improvements
- High school or higher education degree; additional qualification as an administrative assistant are welcomed
- Permanent and full-time position, starting with a 6 month trial period.
If you think that you are right for this position, please apply with a motivation letter and CV (maximum 2 pages) to be sent to Ms Henriette Gleau at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “Application Administrative Officer GEODE” in the subject line by 25 May 2017.
Please abstain from applying in case you are looking for a position which includes other than administrative work – we are looking for a proper Administrative Officer! Also,please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
For more information about GEODE, please visit www.geode-eu.org. GEODE is the Voice of local energy distributors across Europe, representing the interests of 1200 private and public energy companies for both electricity and gas from 15 European countries, serving more than 100 million customers. These small and medium-sized companies are bringing intelligence to the grids and making thereby a major contribution to achieve Europe’s climate and energy policy goals. GEODE members operate their grids providing a customer-focused service, with a high quality of supply and energy efficiency to homes, businesses and local communities.